[mythtv] More things about IPTV...

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 04:29:45 UTC 2006

On 1/14/06, Jake <jakeisawake at gmail.com> wrote:
> > And personally, I find the idea of having to go from
> > Digital, to Analogue, to Digital (Losing HDTV and all the other great
> > stuff on route) absolutely abhorrent.
>
> what is this in reference to?  all i know is that my hdtv is all
> digital:  air2pc to hard drive (digital)  -> hard drive to dvi
> (digital) -> dvi to hdtv (digital i hope)

Currently, for people who's TV service is provided with an IPTV system
(Like HomeChoice, FastWeb and SaskTel customers), you can't use an
Air2PC, as the TV signal is provided via an ADSL line as an RTP
stream. That means no Air2PC, as there's no QAM. Therefore, to capture
from this system, you will have to take an analogue stream from the
STB into a capture card (The old-fashioned way), and control it with
an IR Blaster.
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston