[mythtv] mythtv-0.18.1-showacpitemperature.patch - show ACPI temp in MythWeb-backendstatus

Robert Zwerus arzie at dds.nl
Sat Jan 14 11:43:52 UTC 2006

On Saturday 14 January 2006 05:30, Robert Tsai wrote:
> > created a small addition, to show the ACPI CPU temperature
> > ("/proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THRM/temperature") under 'Machine
> > information'.
>
> What exactly is this value supposed to represent (e.g., how is "ACPI"
> CPU temperature different from that reported by lm-sensors, because it
> doesn't correspond to any lm-sensors readings)? Is it reading from
> some place else?

It is using the ACPI thermal zone driver from the kernel, where lm_sensors use
some hardware monitoring chip. I'm not sure where the readings come from, but
it's easy to read out and (on my computers) about the same value as the one
from lm_sensors.
--
A Dieu,
 Robert Zwerus - WWW: http://zwering.adsl.utwente.nl