[mythtv] Legacy Switch Support Patch for svn 8257

homer simpson homer_simpson_loves_u at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 13 18:29:43 UTC 2006

Thanks for replying Daniel.

The legacy patch is working for NoOne, as well as me on previous SVN
versions. And from what I can tell it is now working on 8590. All channel
changes seem to be working. The sparkles are my new interesting development.

This patch has existed for quite some time and has been used by a few people
that I know of. I don't believe this is related to the tuning problem,
especially since 8590 tunes much better than 8560 and 8506.

If you examine the patch, you'll see besides adding the menu items and case
statements necessary to support two more types of switches, all it does is
add a tuning routine to call the kirnel drivers for legacy switches.

I was hoping you'd consider adding it to Myth at some point.

At any rate, MythTV continues to improve and I can't express how thankful I
and my friends are that you put in so much work on MythTV's DVB support
making MythTV the best HTPC DVB program on the planet.

That goes for the rest of the developers too. You guys rock.

Homer