[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r8577 by danielk

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Thu Jan 12 19:25:01 UTC 2006

> > > Chris, I believe this is how it has always worked, overrecord is applied
> > > unconditionally to the recording. Then the overrecord time is overridden

> Your right about the old implementation, I had forgotten about the 0.18
> implementation. That code was changed a while ago, I believe to avoid
> some of the problems with clock drift on slave backends.

OK, if it works with your patch them I'm happy and can follow the logic in
the coded.  It was the "applied unconditionally" wording that was the main
reason I wanted to reply since it isn't 'unconditional', it's assumed but
can be overridden.

I see the new code in TVR::StartRecording() that stops if we're already
recording.

Anyway, glad it's fixed, I need to remember to update my boxes when I
get home tonight.  I've missed the first couple minutes of a few shows
because of a 2-minute postroll and back-to-back recordings but never knew
why until Bruce posted the bug report and I looked at my backend logs.

Thanks for explaining it.

--
Chris