[mythtv] add to Trac?

Jim Westfall jwestfall at surrealistic.net
Thu Jan 12 02:08:00 UTC 2006

Steve Adeff <adeffs at gmail.com> wrote [01.11.06]:

> Jim, read the email I linked to. On top of that, its not just me, its just
> about everyone using the DCT64xx machines that I've talked to. What happens
> is the pc can't receive a stream from the cablebox over the firewire and ends
> up creating a 0byte recording file. The way to get this to work again is the
> either unplug the firewire cable and plug it back in, resetting the node, OR
> use gscanbus's Force Bus Reset. Since this communications loss happens at
> seemingly random times my propsal is to reset the node the box is on before
> recordings. A second problem is that channel changes don't always go
> correctly. This may be caused by something else, but another thought I had
> was perhaps doing the node reset before the channel change may increase the
> success rate.

I did read it, its just you asking someone to make a patch to reset the
firewire bus before each recording.

I would like to know how you have your firewire configured in mythtv and
plugctl info.  I was unable to find an email with you giving the
infomation.

What you discribe can occur if you have mythtv setup to use a p2p firewire
connection when your dct62xx wants a broadcast connection.  From what I
seen usually dct62xx that come up as node 1 on an empty bus work best with
p2p and node 2 with broadcast.

jim