[mythtv] Auto transcode broken?

Geoffrey Hausheer mythtv0368 at phracturedblue.com
Wed Jan 11 02:58:13 UTC 2006

On 1/10/06, Daniel Walton wrote:
> I've been trying to do a lossless transcode of the Rose Bowl minus the pregame,
> commercials, halftime, and postgame but the transcode keeps failing.  It is a
> 1080i recording via HD OTA.  The entire logfile is 5.7M so I will just include
> the tail end of it here:
Please take this into a different thread.  It is hard enough for me to
parse through the lists looking fpr transcode issues without embedding
problems in unrelated topics.

You can't just send me the tail of the logs unfortunately, as the
issue happened way before this point.  You can compress the log and
email it to me (if it is less than ~3MB), and that will be of more
help.  Also, please alwyas include the actual SVN version used (svn
info) rather than by 'latest' or 'right now'.  While the transcoder
works pretty well as it is, there are still lots of corner cases that
need to be resolved, so it will be an ongoing effort to fix them all.

.Geoff