[mythtv] Mythmusic Goom settings/scaling

Chris Hubball chris at hubball.org
Tue Jan 10 18:05:04 UTC 2006

Hello,

Looking at the Goom source code, it appears you can run it at any
resolution, however in the Mythmusic settings, you can only configure to
scale by a maximum of 2.

Looking at Goom::Goom, in mythgoom.cpp, it seems this limit is forced by
mythgoom because it wants to make the software upscale easier in
Goom::Draw.

I wonder if it is possible to get SDL to do a scaled blit and hence get
rid of this - I had a look at the API and could see anything, but I know
from my DirectX days, that this is possible on most graphics cards.

It does seem a shame that a lot of the CPU time saved by getting Goom to
run its zoomfilter over a smaller area is wasted by having another
software loop which upscales.

If there's nobody on here that's up to speed on this code, I'm willing to
take a look, however I don't want to upset anyone!

Regards
Chris.