[mythtv] MythTV Usability Report

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Mon Jan 9 05:26:19 UTC 2006

On Monday 09 January 2006 00:19, Michael Freeman wrote:
> here's one useability suggestion that would require some v4l
> support...autodetect / enumerate all cards (and then of course allow
> deletion of individual sources via mythtv-setup).

The only bad thing about this is that historically, probing some specific
cards (older ati aiw, IIRC) would cause _really_ bad things to happen, like
your system hanging.

> second, more tightly integrate mythfilldatabase into mythtv-setup...the
> setup tool should be able to know if you're the backend or not and know
> when you last ran mythfilldatabase...

SVN gives you the option of running it from the setup program.

> and it should let you run it from the
> gui. also, since myth effectively has its own scheduling engine (for
> obvious reasons), how about making an option to have mythbackend handle
> scheduling mythfilldatabase runs?

It has the ability to do this, if you enable it (and may be the default now, I
can't be bothered to check).

Isaac