[mythtv] Netowrked ATSC Tuner

jafa hdtv at silicondust.com
Mon Jan 9 04:36:52 UTC 2006

Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-01-08 at 12:10 -0800, jafa wrote:
>
>> It is an embedded device.
>>
> Sounds cool.
>

>> I just checked out the trunk and found the DBOX2 code - I will take a
>> deeper look at how the code works - Thanks.
>>
> FYI The DBOX2 code is not one of the best examples of MythTV
> coding standards, nor the best example of the recorder architecture.
> For coding standards look at some other class like TVRec, which
> you will probably need to look at anyway. The DVBRecorder is
> a better example of a DTVRecorder, though it's use of Qt
> signals/slots is something we are phasing out at the moment.
>
> -- Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks - I just started playing. Top of trunk compiles ok and I added
the required configuration support to mythtv-setup. Started creating a
recorder file but no real code yet - I will take a look at DVBRecorder -
thanks.

Side note - what approach do you guys take with revision control?

 From the other posts it sounds like trunk is leading but changes are
expected to stable and not work-in-progress development?

 From my point of view I prefer developing under revision control. One
approach would be to import the mythtv codebase into my private svn
server. Another would be to create a short-lived development branch on
the public mythtv svn server. Working on the public mythtv svn server
would be easier but it depends on whether that would be acceptable or not.

Nick