[mythtv] MythTV Usability Report

Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Mon Jan 9 03:25:16 UTC 2006

Craig Tinson wrote:
> well.. personally I think this is a good report.
You honestly think that a report on an old version of the software
posted to the developers list by someone who didn't read the existing
documentation is a "good report"?

> I've read through all the replies and to be frank I think they are
> completely out of order.
Really?  Maybe I should start posting usability reviews of rocket design
software.  After all I have no clue how it works and I'm sure they
should jump to implement my suggestions.

> How is OpenSource software ever expected to get into the realm of
> public use without it being easier to use?? more software should
> undergo similar Usability Testing.

There's a huge difference between usability testing and Joe random
spouting off about crap he doesn't understand.  Hell even Tivo comes
with a manual.  If he had said something to the effect of "the
documentation"  doesn't make this clear it might have carried more
weight but he didn't even read the documentation.