[mythtv] Mfd/mfe compile issues

Eric Partington eric_partington at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 5 04:52:35 UTC 2006

I recently checked out the source for  mfd/mfe from svn rev. 8504

I am having a small problem getting past a certain part of the compile for
mfd and was wondering if anyone could either:
A) point a better resource to help me in compiling this app.
Or
B) point out what I am doing wrong so that I can progress past this error
message.
I am running FC3 atrpms build of mythv with the latest upgrades from YUM.
I went looking to make sure that the avcodec.h file was in the proper place
from the description of the file that exits out below and found it at the
following spots:
/usr/include/ffmpeg/avcodec.h
/usr/include/mythtv/ffmpeg/avcodec.h

Below is the problem, full error message is available upon request.  I am
more than happy to wait until this is release as stable rpms however I would
like to try to solve this issue just to prove I can do it to myself.

Many thanks to all of you who donate their time and sanity to this project,
I know myself and my family (who all have mythboxes) appreciate the effort
you put into this project.

[mythtv at mythbox mfd]$ ./configure --enable-rtsp
--with-livemedia-prefix=/usr/lib/live

Creating config.pro
Creating config.h
Creating options.pro

Configuration settings:

                      dummy support: yes (always)
                 zeroconfig support: yes
                      audio support: yes
                        wma support: yes
                        aac support: no
                daap server support: yes
                daap client support: yes
                http server support: yes
                  mythmusic support: yes
                 transcoder support: yes
               disc watcher support: yes
                 build libmfdclient: yes
                       rtsp support: yes
      prefix for livemedia includes: /usr/lib/live

[mythtv at mythbox mfd]$ qmake
[mythtv at mythbox mfd]$ make
cd mdcaplib && qmake mdcaplib.pro -o Makefile
cd mdcaplib && make -f Makefile
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/mythtv......
l/include -I/usr/include/cdda -I/usr/lib/qt-3.3/include -o httpoutresponse.o
httpoutresponse.cpp
httpoutresponse.cpp: In member function `void
HttpOutResponse::convertToWavAndStreamFile(MFDServiceClientSocket*)':
httpoutresponse.cpp:1568: error: cannot convert `AVCodecContext' to
`AVCodecContext*' in initialization
httpoutresponse.cpp:1610: error: base operand of `->' has non-pointer type
`AVCodecContext'
httpoutresponse.cpp:1611: error: base operand of `->' has non-pointer type
`AVCodecContext'
httpoutresponse.cpp:1612: error: base operand of `->' has non-pointer type
`AVCodecContext'
httpoutresponse.cpp:1613: error: base operand of `->' has non-pointer type
`AVCodecContext'
httpoutresponse.cpp:1614: error: base operand of `->' has non-pointer type
`AVCodecContext'
/usr/include/cdda/cdda_interface.h: At global scope:
/usr/include/cdda/cdda_interface.h:195: warning: 'strerror_tr' defined but
not used
make[1]: *** [httpoutresponse.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mythtv/myth-cvs/mfd/mfdlib'
make: *** [sub-mfdlib] Error 2