[mythtv] Spec files for building RPMs from SVN repository automatically.

Buzz buzz at oska.com
Wed Jan 4 17:34:49 UTC 2006

All,

As I mentioned a couple of months ago (and only just got back to after a
<cough> HDD failure), I've (re)created a couple of .spec files (based much
on Chris and Axel's work) that fully automates the building of RPMS from the
myth SVN, on my fedora 4 PC.

They are rather big (25kb each, and two of them), so I was wondering where I
should post them.   Create a trac ticket for them?

Buzz.

Get my two spec files, then execute like this:

 # (mkdir as below, or change the %define in each spec file to the location
of your existing svn check-out, if you prefer.)
 mkdir /root/myth-svn/
 # put spec files in right place....
 cp *.spec /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
 cd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS

 # build main first....
 rpmbuild -ba mythtv-svn.spec
 # install them, and move them out of the way.
 rpm -Uhv /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/*.rpm
 mv /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/*.rpm /tmp
 # build plugins second
 rpmbuild -ba mythplugins-svn.spec
 # install them, and move them out of the way.
 rpm -Uhv /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/*.rpm
 mv /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/*.rpm /tmp

# the rpmbuild process will prompt you for any/all missing build/run
dependancies as required, and they can be installed your favourite way (eg
yum).