[mythtv] Thumbnail regeneration in WatchRecordings every viewing

Stutty stutty at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 22:12:42 UTC 2006

Just upgraded to SVN[version 8480] after using 18.1 and some great
improvements, but some really annoying bugs/features as well!

One problem I'm seeing is that (nearly?) every time I view a
recording, then exit - the frontend will ask the backend to regenerate
[QUERY_GENPIXMAP] the preview thumbnail (my backend is a EPIA 8000, so
it takes a good couple of seconds).

I have not got the "generate thumbnails based on bookmarks" option
set, and the thumbnail generated is always the same.

First question is: Is it supposed to do this?

As far as I can work out the ProgramInfo.lastmodified is always newer
than the thumbnail when I exit from watching a recording... So this
code in Playbackbox::getPixmap, always gets exercised:

    if (previewLastModified <  pginfo->lastmodified &&
        previewLastModified >= pginfo->recendts &&
        !pginfo->IsEditing() &&
        !JobQueue::IsJobRunning(JOB_COMMFLAG, pginfo))
    {
        RemoteGeneratePreviewPixmap(pginfo);
        previewLastModified = getPreviewLastModified(pginfo);
    }

If this is a problem then I'll raise a ticket tomorrow, otherwise I'll
just patch locally as it's a real PITA for me.

Thanks

Paul