[mythtv] MythMusic GUI changes

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 19:25:22 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 03 January 2006 13:38, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 January 2006 13:17, Simon Kenyon wrote:
> > On Tuesday 03 January 2006 01:08, Paul Volkaerts wrote:
> > > Hi;
> > >
> > > I have been working on some GUI improvements in MythMusic -- its coming
> > > along ok & hopefully will finish before my holidays do, so wanted to
> > > check firstly that the owner of this code does not object and secondly
> > > that I'm not repeating what someone else is doing.
> > >
> > > The look and feel has not changed much; but as a taster -- here is what
> > > I have so far.
> >
> > it would be nice if the gui got rid of the buttons at the bottom.
> > IMHO they are a waste of screen real-estate.
> >
> > i also think it would be good if all of myth was usable with a remote
> > with a limited number of keys.
>
> Right, and without those buttons at the bottom of the screen, you've just
> added a requirement that a remote will have all those buttons on it.
>
> Isaac

wouldn't those playback buttons be required for TV viewing as well anyway?

either way, I think a better use of screen space would be to have the playback
control be an overlay'ed OSD like the Menu in TV, that only arises when the
"Menu" button (or similar) is pressed, those with playback buttons can use
them, the rest can use the OSD.

Here's a shotof the XBMCcontrol overlay (this is a shot for the video
playback, but the music one looks the same with slight modification)
www_jonsthoughtsoneverything_com/xbmc/images/shots/shot16.jpg

as well, some good shots of XBMC's Music area can be found
http://flickr.com/photos/cubicgarden/sets/587049/
which might inspire someone. I still like the iTunes method best and think it
would work quite well in Myth.

--
Steve