[mythtv] [patch] multi channel audio patch 1

Mark Spieth mark at dclabs.com.au
Sun Jan 1 22:32:48 EST 2006

ok this patch will convert PCM to AC3/DTS (whatever the original codec is)
It is untested as I dont have an AC3 setup to test with. If things go badly
Ill have to think how I can test this without such a setup.
turn on audio and playback to get more info in the log. perhaps timestamp
too.
how it behaves is as per normal with ac3passthru until timestretch is
changed the first time. after that the new functionality kicks in.
avformatdecoder decodes the packets but lets audiooutput know about the
codec type and settings so the encoder can be configured. then everything
from the timestretch engine is reencoded in suitable blocks and thrown into
the output buffer.
should work with dts too.
I may also have to guide in a specific break in gdb with certain data
structures dumped.
I dont think its too far away but cross your fingers.
no mmx support  as yet of course.
dont forget to change maxchannels in audio setup too otherwise youll only
get 2
mark