[mythtv] external channel change program

Chris Bagwell chris at cnpbagwell.com
Tue Feb 28 19:57:09 UTC 2006

> t seems as though the "external channel change" section of mythtv-
> setup is gone.

> I was trying to install .19 from atrpms last night and I had no way
> to enter in the "external channel changing" program (satcontrol et al).

I just noticed this myself as well.  I installed MythTV from SVN about
2 weeks before 0.19 was released.  The externalcommand field was
accessable at that point.

Then I corrupted my database this week and thought the fastest thing
to do was delete it and recreated it.  I noticed that I couldn't
set the externalcommand field.  Thought I was going crazy for a couple
of days.

I've tracked it down kinda to CardInput::cardInput(isDVBcard) and
to the only place I see that being created.  cardutil.cpp's
CardUtil::GetCardInput() always creates a CardInput with a value
of "true" which means it always thinks its a DVB card.

Havne't had time to look at SVN history yet.  I was thinking about
just hacking the code to get my database created correctly for
now.

Chris