[mythtv] Slow keyboard annoyance

Lorenz Hahn lorenz at gesindel.org
Sun Feb 26 12:59:31 UTC 2006

Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 26 February 2006 00:57, Isaac Richards wrote:
>
>>On Sunday 26 February 2006 03:22, Lorenz Hahn wrote:
>>
>>>Using the frontend [...] requires patience: 50% of keystrokes are executed
>>>twice and every response takes at least a second.
[...]
>>I'd think probably the graphics card.  The UI is heavy on the
>>alpha-blending. Try running X or the frontend at a lower res.  Could try a
>>different theme as well.  Might also try the nvidia driver.
>

> Yup, ISTR sucktastic performance like that with a TNT2 and no nvidia driver on
> an old machine I once was running as a backend.

Ok, I'll give the proprietary driver a try to save some patience.

But, uhm, *cough*, why are keystrokes executed twice depending on
execution time of screen? The non-engeneer might expect that one key
press event should result in one or none reaction of the gui, but never
two. Feels like honey in the keyboard. Sharp tounged aliens might
possibly call it a bug.

Regards,
Lorenz

<on the run, still accelerating/>