[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r9138 - in trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv by danielk

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Feb 24 23:59:16 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-02-25 at 00:52 +0100, Janne Grunau wrote:
> On Friday 24 February 2006 23:56, mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
> >       Author: danielk
> >         Date: 2006-02-24 22:56:51 +0000 (Fri, 24 Feb 2006)
> > New Revision: 9138
> >    Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/9138
> > Log:
> >
> > Fixes #1387. Off by 2 error in parser.
> >
> > This should also fix the segfault reported by Stuart Auchterlonie and
> > Greg Estabrooks.
>
> confirmed. EIT-scan work fine and the log looks ok.
>
> But Valgrind still finds one off-by-X-error (X = 1,2,3,4) in memcpy in
> pespacket.h:83. It is an invalid read, so no segfault.
>
> hould I open a ticket?
Sure, if you could debug this a bit that would be helpful.
My guess is that these packets are missing the CRC (check HasCRC()).

But it could have something to do with the psipdata changes I
made last week to make pespacket compatible with siparser.

Or it could be some long standing problem that no one noticed until
we started using this on thousands of tables rather than dozens.

-- Daniel