[mythtv] Volume control bug in PVR-350 tv-out

Sage sage at gypsycaravan.com
Thu Feb 23 17:21:50 UTC 2006

I'm running Debian 3.1 (stable), MythTV 0.19, and ivtvdriver 0.43.
There appears to be a bug in MythTV 0.19 that prevents users from
controlling volume when using TV-Out on a PVR-350.  Here is the original
report from the users list:

The original poster upgraded to 0.19 from 0.18.1.  I am experiencing the
same problem on a fresh 0.19 install.  To summarize, we are seeing the
following in the output log from mythfrontend:

    NVP: Disabling Audio params(16,2,0)

This warning is found in libmythtv/NuppelVideoPlayer.cpp lines 486-546,
the "ReInitAudio(void)" section, which has been drastically changed from
the 0.18.1 version.  My coding skill are limited, but to me it looks as
though if any of those parameters (bitrate, channels, samplerate) is 0,
volume controls are disabled.  In fact, it appears to have the same
result as setting PVR350InternalAudioOnly to 0 in the settings table of
the database.

The upshot is that it looks like the audio samplerate is being
incorrectly identified as 0.  Does anyone know why?  Is there a patch
that resolves this?