[mythtv] (de)interlaced transcoding

Martin van Es mrvanes at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 00:42:06 UTC 2006

Hi,

I just came accross a strange Mythtv transcoding behaviour:

I use BOB deinterlacing to watch PVR-150 generated MPEG-2 streams on
via XvMC output.

When I recently transcoded a show to mpg-4 however, the result was a
progressive(?) stream, but was still deinterlaced by mythtv and was by
no means watchable untill I switched of deinterlacing.

I tried encoding mpeg-4 with 'interlaced DCT' and 'mpeg-4 interlaced
motion estimation' instead but this didn't help (should it have?)

If the above is indeed not supposed to be the solution for my problem,
could a key binding be implemented to quickly switch on/off
deinterlacing?
Even better would be a flag in the db to indicate if the file needs
deinterlacing or not?

Anyway, keep up the good work! MythTv is awesome as it is!!

Grtz.
Martin
--
if but was any useful, it would be a logic operator