[mythtv] (de)interlaced transcoding

Martin van Es mrvanes at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 00:42:06 UTC 2006

I just came accross a strange Mythtv transcoding behaviour:

I use BOB deinterlacing to watch PVR-150 generated MPEG-2 streams on
via XvMC output.

When I recently transcoded a show to mpg-4 however, the result was a
progressive(?) stream, but was still deinterlaced by mythtv and was by
no means watchable untill I switched of deinterlacing.

I tried encoding mpeg-4 with 'interlaced DCT' and 'mpeg-4 interlaced
motion estimation' instead but this didn't help (should it have?)

If the above is indeed not supposed to be the solution for my problem,
could a key binding be implemented to quickly switch on/off
Even better would be a flag in the db to indicate if the file needs
deinterlacing or not?

Anyway, keep up the good work! MythTv is awesome as it is!!

if but was any useful, it would be a logic operator