[mythtv] Frequent segmentation faults with MythMusic 0.19

Brent Fisher brentfisher at shaw.ca
Sat Feb 18 18:02:09 UTC 2006

Stuart Morgan wrote:

>You need to complite with --compile-type=debug or the backtrace is useless.

Stuart, Kevin,

I apologize for the confusion.  I believe you when you say I've missed
something - but I don't know what...  I did compile it with debug turned
on as best I can tell.

 From the original message:

$ mythfrontend --version
Library API version: 0.19.20060121-2
Source code version: Unknown
Options compiled in:
linux debug using_xvmcw using_v4l using_oss using_alsa using_ivtv
using_lirc using_x11 using_xv using_xrandr using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld
using_opengl_vsync using_frontend using_backend

As you can see, the debug option is compiled in.

This is a gentoo ebuild emerge with 'debug' in the USE flags.  Here is a
snippit from the emerge:

<snip>

 >>> Unpacking source...
 >>> Unpacking mythtv-0.19.tar.bz2 to /var/tmp/portage/mythtv-0.19/work
 >>> Source unpacked.
 * Running ./configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man
--disable-audio-arts --disable-audio-jack --disable-altivec --enable-xvmc
                --enable-lirc
                --disable-joystick-menu
                --disable-dbox2
                --disable-dvb
                --disable-dvb-eit
                --dvb-path=/usr/include
                --disable-dvd
                --enable-opengl-vsync
                --disable-firewire
                --enable-xrandr
                --enable-xv
                --disable-directfb
                --enable-x11
                --enable-proc-opt --disable-mmx --compile-type=debug
--arch=i686 --disable-distcc --disable-ccache
# Basic Settings
Compile type     debug
Compiler cache   no
DistCC           no
Install prefix   /usr
CPU              x86 (i686)
Big Endian       no
MMX enabled      no
Vector Builtins  yes

# Input Support
Joystick menu    no
lirc support     yes
Video4Linux sup. yes
ivtv support     yes
FireWire support no
DVB support      no [/usr/include]
DBox2 support    no

# Sound Output Support
OSS support      yes
ALSA support     yes
aRts support     no
JACK support     no
DTS passthrough  no

# Video Output Support
x11 support      yes
xrandr support   yes
xv support       yes
XvMC support     yes
XvMC VLD support yes
XvMC pro support no
XvMC libs        -lXvMCW
OpenGL vsync     yes
DirectFB         no

# Misc Features
DVD playback     no
Frontend         yes
Backend          yes

Creating libs/libmyth/mythconfig.h and libs/libmyth/mythconfig.mak

<snip>

What have I missed?

Thanks in advance,
-Brent