[mythtv] Frequent segmentation faults with MythMusic 0.19

Brent Fisher brentfisher at shaw.ca
Sat Feb 18 16:57:47 UTC 2006

I've been experiencing frequent crashes with MythMusic for a while now 
and I've managed to capture a back trace for one of them.  This happened 
with 0.18 but I didn't do anything about it thinking that it would 
likely be fixed in 0.19.  I've upgraded to 0.19, but the problem persists.

It seems to occur most often with returning to the "now playing" screen 
after editing the playlist.  While I'm able to reproduce it quite 
easily, I haven't yet determined if there is a particular pattern that 
causes it.  I just switch between the playlist editing screen and the 
main screen changing the playlist each time.  Sometimes it crashes, 
sometimes it doesn't.

I'm using Goom as the visualization.  I haven't tried changing this or 
turning it off yet.

The system is as follows (this is a frontend-only machine):

$ uname -a
Linux samwise 2.6.13-gentoo-r5 #4 Mon Jan 9 22:01:26 MST 2006 i686 VIA 
Nehemiah CentaurHauls GNU/Linux

$ mythfrontend --version
Library API version: 0.19.20060121-2
Source code version: Unknown
Options compiled in:
linux debug using_xvmcw using_v4l using_oss using_alsa using_ivtv 
using_lirc using_x11 using_xv using_xrandr using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld 
using_opengl_vsync using_frontend using_backend

I have the folloing modules installed

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: gdb.txt.gz
Type: application/gzip
Size: 2462 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-dev/attachments/20060218/e7f0a3b2/attachment.bin 

More information about the mythtv-dev mailing list