[mythtv] MythWeb Paged TV Listings

Joe Buckshin jbuckshin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 15:51:15 UTC 2006

On 2/15/06, Mark Buechler <mark.buechler at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone was working on or had in their scope multiple page
> support for MythWeb's TV listings. I have a problem with too many listings
> and with them all on a single page it takes several minutes to show. I've
> been thinking about changing that behavior to maybe a max of 50
> listings/page.
>
> - Mark.

The wml theme does paging out of necessity but doesn't limit the data
that is queried, only the displayed data.  That strategy may work if
the network traffic or the browser rendering is slowing you down, but
not if the db routine is the limiting factor.  It wasn't an ideal
solution but worked within the theme structure.

You could also try to limit the number of timeslots shown which is a
parameter in config/theme_default.php, but that's probably not
desirable.

I prefer to simply remove the channels I never watch.

-Joe