[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r8949 - in trunk/mythtv by kkuphal

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Tue Feb 14 18:26:47 UTC 2006

Chris Pinkham wrote:
>>       Author: kkuphal
>>

>> Closes #1139 by applying modified patch using bits instead of bytes.  Included also are modifications to most of the shipping themes except for the -wide versions which I don't have an appropriate system to test with.
>>

> You should be able to simulate wide-screen by adjusting your window size to something
> that is 16:9.  You could set it to 800x450 or similar and test a wide theme and
> your 4:3 video should automatically be pillar-boxed.  16:9 content would be displayed
> "full-window" as it should since your display window is 16:9.
>
> I run mythfrontend in a 800x600 window on my dev box but occasionally bump it to
> a 16:9 ratio like 800x450 for testing things.  As I record more HD content, I'll
> probably make the default 16:9 so I won't waste screen real estate on the
> letterboxing while I'm developing.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.  Honestly, the -wide change is probably
nearly identical to the non-wide theme change because the icon positions
are probably only shifted but are the same relative to each other.  I
only really avoided touching it because at first glance, the vertical
positions aren't identical between buttons like in the non-wide themes
and I didn't want to blindly change something at 2am :)

Kevin