[mythtv] Deb builds from SVN?

Will Dyson will.dyson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 02:09:06 UTC 2006

On 2/11/06, Anthony J. Mirabella <mirabeaj at gmail.com> wrote:

> Here's a second stab at the mythtv debian dir.  I've split out
> mythtv-jobqueue as I have a machine that runs jobqueue but isn't a real
> backend.  I've also fixed the ./configure line so it builds for
> arch=i486 rather than pentiumpro.

Is it really necessary to hardcode the arch at all? Shouldn't a source
package be platform-independent (to the extent possible)?

For example, this doesn't seem to make much sense when building for
PPC or amd64. In fact, it causes a build failure on my amd64 machine
(when it tries to build i386 assembly).

Thanks for your work on this!

--
Will Dyson