[mythtv] howto? gdb trace

Robert Tsai rtsai1111 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 4 19:52:14 UTC 2006

On Sat, Feb 04, 2006 at 12:39:16PM -0500, Steven Adeff wrote:
> ok, great. Another question... Is there a way to control gdb through
> ssh? I have a dedicated myth machine that I want to run this on,
> theres no keyboard attached, and if its possible to do the gdb
> through ssh (while still have it display on the tv as normal), it
> would be prefered, if not, i can move my keyboard from my other
> computer, I'd just rather not if possible.

Yes, you can, provided:

	- The session running mythfrontend (in this case, your ssh'd
	  gdb session) first set your DISPLAY to :0.0 (or whatever it
	  needs to be).

	- The running X session (if you have autologin, etc. set up)
	  has "xhost" set up appropriately to allow the above session
	  to draw on it.

--Rob