[mythtv] howto? gdb trace

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sat Feb 4 17:31:57 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-02-04 at 12:24 -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Saturday 04 February 2006 12:08, Steven Adeff wrote:
> > Someone mentioned earlier that the gdb info on the website is wrong.
> > I've had issues with mythfrontend crashing alot with no info in the
> > log as to why. I want to get a backtrace but want to make sure I'm
> > doing it properly, can someone link me to or reply with correct
> > information on how to do this?
> >
> > or if the info on the website is correct just verify it for me.
>
> Info on the website works.

I this Steve's question is due to something I said to someone who
seemed to have a broken glibc. The info on the website works, but
it silently ignores a broken glibc, due to the SIG33 suppression.

If you left out the noprint, then it would print out gobs of
SIG33's if you had a broken glibc, but at most one or two at
startup if you had a working glibc.

-- Daniel