[mythtv] Compiling on AMD64

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Thu Feb 2 20:36:57 UTC 2006

On Thursday 02 Feb 2006 20:16, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> That's odd. My Mandriva doesn't add the necessary entries to ld.so.conf
> (or any conf in the .d directory). From what I gather the system knows
> that /lib64 and /usr/lib64 are LD paths so it doesn't add them to the
> ld.so.conf system, it only adds non-standard paths e.g.
> /usr/lib/qt3/lib64 etc.

Hmm, I've 3 Mandriva systems and I don't remember having to add the /usr/lib64
path to any. Your right that the /lib64 isn't added, my mistake, although it
seems only a handful of badly packaged RPMs actually use that path and I've
not needed to add it (yet).

> That's my experience anyway and I needed the patches posted in my last
> message.

The patches are a good idea, if you settle on one particular method (they do
the same thing two different ways) then you should submit them to trac.
Stuart Morgan