[mythtv] LiveTV with multiple tuners fails when first tuner doesn't respond...

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 13:14:48 UTC 2006

On 2/1/06, Carl Fongheiser <carlfongheiser at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/1/06, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have three tuners, for some reason MythTV wants to use my firewire
> > connected cablebox as the first tuner for live TV, the problem is, if it
> > doesn't get a signal over firewire instead of going to the next tuner it
> > just fails out of livetv making it impossible to go into live TV. Is there a
> > way to A) tell it to use my PVR150 for live tv first instead of the firewire
> > input, or B) have it go to the next tuner instead of just failing?
>

> You can set tuner priorities in mythtv-setup.
>
> Carl Fongheiser

My priority list:
1) HD3000
2) PVR150
3) Firewire DCT6200

so I assume livetv works backwards through the list, except that when I'm in
livetv on the DCT6200 and hit the tuner change button it goes to my HD3000
next, then the PVR150. I assume this is due to the priority for the next
scheduled recording and trying to avoid that tuner. But since my HD3000 only
gets like 8 channels it would be nice to be able to tell Myth not to use it
as a general livetv tuner unless I specificly tune to one of the channels it
does receive (ie an HDTV channel).

--
Steve