[mythtv] upnp support in myth

David mythtv at theblains.net
Sat Dec 30 21:33:49 UTC 2006

I noticed this too a while back... I started to put together a change for it
but real life got in the way.  If Greg hasn't fixed it already, any patch
you may have would be welcome.

Over the past week, I have finally found time to start working on the upnp
support again.  I have finished Eventing and the ConnectionManager service
and am testing it now.

One thing that I am tackling while testing is to get MythTv's upnp stack to
be usable from the XBOX (older one running XBMC).  In debugging it, I
noticed that the SSDP notifications aren't always working and that something
is causing requests to be lost in the http server (two separate issues).

Once I work out the problems, I plan on having one big commit since they are
all interconnected with the eventing changes.

Greg, let me know if you are venturing into any of the base code, not just
the cds extensions, so we don't step on each others code... and thanks for
keeping the upnp code going while I was away!

David B.