[mythtv] SVN Stability Scorecard System

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 21:27:43 UTC 2006

On 12/30/06, Justin Hornsby <justin.hornsby at gmail.com> wrote:
> It already goes without saying that YMMV with SVN.  It's a
> _development_ version so you shouldn't be surprised if stuff gets
> disabled/broken, surely?
>
> Besides, if a new feature had a 'risky' tag attached to it, it's
> probably likely that fewer people would dip their toe into the water,
> test it & report bugs back.
>
> It's unlikely that there'll ever be an issue of the magnitude we had a
> while back where livetv was disabled - but then the majority of folks
> who whined about that hadn't been reading this list or the commit log.
>
> I don't use SVN on a daily basis but I like to keep abreast of
> developments which is why I read this list.  If others run into
> show-stopping problems running SVN it's their own fault, as well as
> their own responsibility to get bugs & problems reported IMHO.
>
> Read this list, keep up to date with the commit logs, judge for
> yourself before taking the plunge.
>
> Regards,
> Justin
>
> --
> Justin Hornsby
> Moderator of www.mythtvtalk.com
> email: justin(dot)hornsby(at)gmail.com
> web: http://www.juski.co.uk

That's what I do, and I do understand what to do to minimize my risks,
but sometimes even reading this list and the commits doesn't tell me
when/if something is incomplete or will be fixed/broken over a period
of time (several commits before a fully functional "usable" product).
Anyway, it was just an idea I through out there...

Matt