[mythtv] EPIA M10k - XvMC: Very high CPU (even when paused!!)

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Dec 30 15:19:06 UTC 2006

Herman Kuiper wrote:
>> I didn't realise that minimyth was distributed with all the necessary
>> devel libs/headers/binaries in place. I would have taken a similar path
>> had I known.
>
> It doesn't - I build/compile on the NFS server (a Debian box), which
> also functions as the Myth backend. Using INSTALL_ROOT I install the
> compiled binaries straight into the Minimyth root filesystem. I needed
> to compile on the server from the beginning, being the backend so both
> BE/FE have the same protocol version.

Whoops forgot to send to the list:

Don't have a copy of what I sent to Herman, but the gist of it is that I
was concerned that he was compiling against one set/version of various
libraries but running the built binary dynamically loading different
versions.

If it works for him, then great but this setup could lead to lots of
weird/confusing errors!

Col.