[mythtv] setting the dvd drive speed when playing a dvd using the internal dvd player.

stanley kamithi skamithi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 15:58:37 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I got a couple of inquiries a while back asking if the internal dvd player
could reduce the speed of the dvd drive before playing the dvd.

I'm thinking of adding this, basically just copying the function from
stream_dvd.c file from mplayer.. The question I have is
should I hard code the speed to 2x or should I make this a configurable
option ?

I don't know much about the advantage of setting the dvd drive speed. So
someone who knows more about, please help me out.