[mythtv] BBC series link

David Matthews dm at prolingua.co.uk
Sun Dec 17 17:07:51 UTC 2006

Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 17, 2006 at 03:31:34PM +0000, David Matthews wrote:
>> I'm not happy about proposing this as a patch because of the use of the
>> private types.  I guess the BBC could change this at any time.  Does
>> anyone have any more information about this?
>>

> As Rudy said, they don't generally change these things once they've been
> rolled out as it affects all the STB's out there. So please put this up
> as a patch (and assign it to me please)

I've created a ticket with the changes I needed in order to pick up this
information and put it in the database.  It's very simple.  The ticket
is currently assigned to danielk since there doesn't seem to be an
obvious way to assign a ticket any longer.

What concerns me a bit about this is why they used a private type when
there are standard types they could have used.  It looks as though type
0x01 should be the programId and 0x02 the seriesId.  I gather the BBC
are currently running some sort of trial of their own PVR so it may have
something to do with that.

> I'm keen to utilize the information provided to fill in the additional
> data fields that are currently only provided by the RT times data,
> such as the actors, directors etc. If they follow the TV Anytime spec
> that i've seen, it will provide the UK with some very useful EIT data.

That would be good, although I wonder how much of the specification will
actually get implemented.

David.