[mythtv] BBC series link

David Matthews dm at prolingua.co.uk
Sun Dec 17 15:31:34 UTC 2006

The BBC is now broadcasting some form of series link information in the
EIT.  It seems to be based on ETSI TS 102 323 (TV-Anytime).  The
information is carried in a "dvb content identifier" descriptor (0x76)
in the EIT which contains one or two content identifiers (CRIDs).  These
CRIDs have type codes 0x31 and 0x32 which are "User private" types
according to TS 102 323.  However, it seems that the 0x31 descriptor
corresponds to the programId and the 0x32 descriptor (approximately) to
the seriesId so I've been experimenting with adding these into the
"program" table.  The programId works pretty well and does avoid some
duplicate recordings that would otherwise have happened because of
slight differences in the subtitle or description text.

I'm not happy about proposing this as a patch because of the use of the
private types.  I guess the BBC could change this at any time.  Does
anyone have any more information about this?

David

Example of what gets into the database:

mysql> select left(title,20), subtitle, programid, seriesid from program
where programid != "" order by programid limit 15;
+----------------------+--------------+-----------+----------+
| left(title,20)       | subtitle     | programid | seriesid |
+----------------------+--------------+-----------+----------+
| Strictly Come Dancin | It Takes Two | /1RH8KD   | /KCIZAS  |
| Strictly Come Dancin | It Takes Two | /1RH8KE   | /KCIZAS  |
| Strictly Come Dancin | It Takes Two | /1RH8KF   | /KCIZAS  |
| Strictly Come Dancin | It Takes Two | /1RH8KG   | /KCIZAS  |
| Strictly Come Dancin | It Takes Two | /1RH8KH   | /KCIZAS  |
| TOTP2 Christmas Spec |              | /1RH8M7   | /KCI1LA  |
| Never Mind the Full  |              | /1RH8MB   |          |
| Two Pints of Lager a | Munch        | /1RSHMV   | /KCIUNK  |
| Two Pints of Lager a | Munch        | /1RSHMV   | /KCIUNL  |
| Two Pints of Lager a | Fish         | /1RSHMW   | /KCIUNK  |
| Two Pints of Lager a | Fish         | /1RSHMW   | /KCIUNL  |
| Two Pints of Lager a | Kangeroo     | /1RSHMX   | /KCIUNK  |
| Two Pints of Lager a | Kangeroo     | /1RSHMX   | /KCIUNL  |
| Two Pints of Lager a | Beastiality  | /1RSHMY   | /KCIUNK  |
| Two Pints of Lager a | Beastiality  | /1RSHMY   | /KCIUNL  |