[mythtv] [mythtv-users] ANN - Release of MythTV Web Virtual Remote.

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Dec 17 13:47:05 UTC 2006

Hi Steve,

Steven Ellis wrote:
> Ok there is now an updated release at
>     http://www.mythtv.co.nz/mythtv/?p=30
>
> Lots of IE fixes, better graphics, and a PDA layout.
>
> Let me know what you think.

I've been looking for something like this for a while (primarily because
my LIRC interface is broken :().

I'd like to help you make it better but before I start hacking away, I'd
like to check a few things with you.

There appears to be a remote.php and remote-wide.php in the tarball.
These would appear to be old versions of backend.php that are no longer
used. Is this correct?

I notice that most things are normal submit buttons with styleing via
CSS to make them nice images. Great. But then there are also some real
images (input type="image") in there too, plus a work around for IE due
to a bug this creates... Is there any reason for this as I cannot
immediately see why they are not just normal submit buttons too?
Obviously you'd have to add id's to them to allow individual styling and
selection of the specific images for the background, but it should work
OK (I think!).

I think what would help most however is an AJAX layer to prevent the
page reload. This should be fairly easy to bolt on with a post process
after the page has loaded so the whole thing will "just work" if the
browser can handle it, but fall back to the current normal form
submission if it can't. I'll work on this.

I'll maybe play around a bit making some of the changes I think
appropriate and send you the patches back.... not sure if I'll really
have much time tho', so please don't hold your breath :p

Col