[mythtv] protocol mismatch trunk=32 0.20fixes=31

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Sat Dec 16 17:58:08 UTC 2006

> Currently trunk is at 32 but fixes is still only 31. Makes it hard to
> run a fixes backend and a trunk (in my case mythtv-vid) frontend =(

 They are not meant to be intermixable. There is a reason the protcol
version gets changed :) You can also fully expect to have database problems as the newer frontend will upgrade your database and possibly to something your -fixes backend doesn't like.

 Besides, did you not see all of the b*tching that came from bumping the protcol from 30 to 31 within the fixes branch and users running mixed versions?