[mythtv] Mythweb downloadable URL format

Gay Mort gmmyth at saplings.us
Wed Dec 13 03:16:45 UTC 2006

Chris Bagwell wrote:
> The easiest thing to do is modify your mythweb/includes/utils.php file.
> Look for the function video_url().  You can hardcode it to return the
> format of your choice.  Looks like your falling into the else statement
> that sets up the myth:// URL.

No, no bugs, just that it is behaving differently.  Better in my
opinion, worse in my wifes. :-)

Thanks for the pointer, looking there I found the format I needed.

I with that format, all I had to do was find the title url line:
                    .($_SESSION['recorded_pixmaps'] ? '' : " name=\"$row\"")
                    .'>'.$show->title.'</a>' ?></td>

And replace the first line with:

href="'.root.'pl/stream/'.$show->chanid.'/'.$show->recstartts.'"'

So now the image displayed has the myth:// url for streaming directly in
microsft media player(using the dsmyth filter and a divx codec) wheras
the title immediately following provides a link to download the file.

Now SWMBO is happy and I'm happy.

Thanks!