[mythtv] [mythtv-users] xvmc can't play 720p content at 1080i (fwd)

Michael Tiller michael.tiller at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 18:50:22 UTC 2006

On 12/7/06, Daniel Walton <dwalton at cisco.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Dec 2006, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
>
> > The cheapest solution until then is to buy a P4 2.8 Ghz or better for
> the HDTV
> > frontend and not use XvMC.
>
> That solution wouldn't have a very high wife approval factor :)

Amen! :-)

I've got a socket 478 P4 2.4GHz processor in my system now.  I can't
playback HD with XvMC and definitely not without it.  Now I'm trying to
figure out how to tell my wife "Well, I really need a Core 2 Duo machine
which means a new processor and a new motherboard so I can watch Heroes
without transcoding it".  I'd be in less hot water if I came home with
lipstick on my collar. :-)

--
Mike