[mythtv] Media Changer Support

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Fri Dec 1 00:53:45 UTC 2006

> I’d like to do some work on Myth TV to add Media Changer support.
> It would be helpful if someone could talk to me about this and tell
> me the correct way to go about doing it.
Hi Will. Sorry for not replying earlier
(or to your more detailed 5th Oct mail).

I am not an expert, but here are some
random throughts:

1) DVD hashing. I am not familiar with the
CDDB algorithm, but for DVDs, I think the
libdecss one might make more sense?

2) On-line DVD metadata database.
Good idea, but the magnitude of
this task sort of overwhelms me!

3) Batch daemon? Good idea.
Could this be rolled into
the mtd which MythDVD uses?
Or maybe a new, combined one
for both DVDs and CDs?

4) Code glue.
I think one way to go might be to have a
database of hashed DVDs available to be
optionally loaded by the MythMediaMonitor
when it starts up.

This might also be extensible to allow
other "offline" disk setups.
(e.g. user does a scan of all their DVDs
       in a single or dual drive setup,
       and from then on MythDVD could
       list all of their disks for browsing)

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|"I thought I said no shivs."
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia |   "This? This is just a