[mythtv] Transport/network IDs are not set for DVB-S (breaks audio-only channels)

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Aug 31 00:23:20 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-31 at 00:30 +0100, Steve Hill wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Aug 2006, Janne Grunau wrote:
>
> > Yes, the channels.conf file doesn't contain the information. Scanning
> > all known transponders should fix it.
>
> I have now rescanned all the transponders and whilest it's added some more
> multiplexes which do have the transportid and networkid filled in, it
> hasn't updated the existing multiplexes.  Also, it has added all of the
> encrypted channels, even though the "free to air channels only" tickbox is
> ticked.
>
> I'm questioning the value of having the import option available -
> mythtv-setup doesn't seem to indicate that there might be any problem
> importing the channels instead of scanning for them, and it doesn't seem
> easy to recover from importing without wiping the channels and multiplexes
> and starting from scratch. :(

At some point I would like to have the internal scanner verify
imported channels and fill in the missing data. Unfortunately,
the internal scanner does not handle all scans properly. This
is especially true of DVB-S, so we can't really get rid of
channels.conf import. I would also like to add channels.conf
export to MythTV as well, and the new XML channels.conf being
discussed on the DVB mailing list might even allow us to add
all that missing data in our exported channels.conf.

These extensions may happen in 0.21, but more likely will be in
0.22 or 0.23 since the EIT and video output improvements have
higher priority at the moment.

-- Daniel