[mythtv] Transport/network IDs are not set for DVB-S (breaks audio-only channels)

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Wed Aug 30 20:39:34 UTC 2006

My DVB-S channels were imported from a dvbscan channels.conf file by
mythtv-setup.  The transportid and networkid in the dtv_multiplex
table are set to NULL (is this normal?).

Line 1719 of tv_rec.cpp reads:
     if (netid > 0 && tsid > 0 && progNum >= 0)
and a bit of debugging shows that when I switch to a DVB-S channel the
netid and tsid are both set to 0.

I'm a bit unclear on how this code works, but the result is basically that
recording of audio-only channels doesn't work since line 1800 gets
executed, no matter what your recording profile is set to:
     sd->SetVideoStreamsRequired(1);

--

  - Steve