[mythtv] mythtv doesn't read any jpeg file

Wilhelm Eger c9egwi at uni-jena.de
Wed Aug 30 16:27:38 UTC 2006

Hi there,

I use an up-to-date gentoo with current mythtv-svn. Since a few weeks
mythtv can't open any jpeg file. So it is not able to use another skin,
can't show jpeg pictures and also the self-created thumbnails of some
tiffs. tiff pictures instead can be showed. My logs gave me this:

QImageIO::write: No such image format handler: JPEG

That seems to come from qt. I use qt-3.3.4-r8 because the qt-3.3.6
ebuild has a bug with the QMYSQL3 driver.

Could it still be a problem of my system or is it a mythtv svn bug? I
have jpeg/jpeg-mmx/mjpegtools installed.

What else should I look for?

Best regards,

Wilhelm