[mythtv] Current SVN DVB-S zapping problems (diseqc?)

Yeasah Pell yeasah at schwide.com
Tue Aug 29 01:24:40 UTC 2006

Simeon Simeonov wrote:
> I also have very similar problem to what Lukas
> described and have been trying to do some testing.
> My setup is Twinhan 102g->Rotor 1.2->switch. Switch

At one point I went through the dst driver (which the twinhan 102g uses)
and added a whole bunch of error reporting -- but it may not have shown
up in a release kernel yet. If you pull the latest mercurial v4l-dvb
tree, it will have these fixes for sure.

(I just checked, looks like the patch is in 2.6.18-rc4 and later, so
pulling from hg would be your only option other than using a pre-release
kernel)

Without them, ioctls WILL fail silently on those cards. With them, the
ioctls will still fail (i2c is pretty iffy on dst), but at least they
will be reported back to myth as failed, which will handle that
appropriately.

-y