[mythtv] Mythweather Problems

Tim Phipps mythtv-dev at phipps-hutton.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Aug 28 20:13:22 UTC 2006

On Monday 28 August 2006 20:26, Mike Mironov wrote:
> AFAIK, it can't be fixed. MythWeather get it's from
> http://www.msnbc.com/m/chnk/d/weather_d_src.asp?acid=... URL (in my case
>   full URL
> http://www.msnbc.com/m/chnk/d/weather_d_src.asp?acid=RSXX0063). As I can
> see this data randomly changed. I'll try get few and get data on
> different days!!! Data format is hard coded in MythWeather and can't be
> easy changed. Only one solution exists: try to use weather-revamp
> branch. But it work only for USA as I know.
What's in the weather-revamp? I was thinking of starting a patch for
MythWeather so that it would get it's data from the database. Any old script
could fetch the forecast and fill in the database which would decouple
MythWeather from the vagaries of the source sites and also allow a script to
fetch from sources other than msnbc. If MythWeather is going to change
drastically I'll hold off.

Cheers,
Tim.