[mythtv] Current SVN DVB-S zapping problems (diseqc?)

Yeasah Pell yeasah at schwide.com
Mon Aug 28 17:49:43 UTC 2006

Lukas Kasprowicz wrote:
> Am Montag, 28. August 2006 18:27 schrieb Yeasah Pell:
>
>> Another suspect would be changeset 10132, which removed an similar
>> earlier retuning mechanism (i.e. try version 10131)
>>

> Ok it looks like i found the revision where it stopped working.
> Yeasah was right with 10132. This is the revision where it stopps working.
>

> Lukas

Based on this information, and the logs, I'm guessing that either the
FE_SET_VOLTAGE ioctl or the FE_SET_FRONTEND ioctl are silently failing
some of the time. I don't remember if you said that it always fails on
the same set of channels, or if it's random?

The line "DiSEqCDevTree: Changing LNB voltage to xxV" in the log is
immediately before a call to FE_SET_VOLTAGE, and if the ioctl fails, you
would have seen "DiSEqCDevTree: FE_SET_VOLTAGE failed" in the log right
after that. Similarly, the line "Tune(): Tuning to xxxkHz" in the log is
immediately before a call to FE_SET_FRONTEND, and if the ioctl fails,
you would have seen "Tune(): Setting Frontend tuning parameters failed."
in the log right after that.

What kind of card do you have? Have you noticed any dvb-related failures
(i2c especially) in the kernel log (i.e. dmesg)?