[mythtv] MythTV Roadmap??

Lincoln Dale ltd at interlink.com.au
Mon Aug 28 12:01:37 UTC 2006

> I am curious about the current MythTV roadmap or current direction?  Are
> the
> only major development projects the Google Summer '06 ones, or is this
> more in
> the works that I am unaware of?
>
> Basically, I have several grand ideas of things of things I would like to
> do
> in MythTv, but am waiting for the leaders to pipe in about where they want
> go.  Any comments from the "big guys"??

i'm certainly not one of the "big guys", but the roadmap for myth is all as
per what is on the myth website.

you can also see what active patches are queued for post 0.20 also - they're
typically already in trac with appropriate version targets already set.
in many cases, there is already code in the tickets which already apply to
SVN head.

as far as "ideas", i think dev folks will be less willing to hear about
ideas - there seems to be no lack of folks who have tons of ideas, but not
many of said folks are willing to contribute code/time/effort to make them
come to fruition.

cheers,

lincoln.