[mythtv] UK DVB-T radio recording/LiveTV failing (SVN 10943)

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 00:15:27 UTC 2006

This was working before on SVN 10424 (I'd successfully recorded the
last run of I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue on BBC Radio4 in June) but last
night a rule tried recording the new series of Hamish and Dougal,
which failed (still on 10424), and tonight some Edinburgh Festival
programming (after upgrading to 10943) also failed. The backend logs
show the same error:

2006-08-25 20:29:21.276 DTVSM(0) Error: We want 0 audio and 1 video streams
                       But have 1 audio and 0 video streams

When changing to a radio channel in LiveTV, the frontend states that
tuning has timed out, allowing me to wait, or change channel.
Annoyingly these broken recordings are still entered in the recorded
table, even though they have failed to record (this is surely a bug?).

I ran dvbscan to check service IDs etc and they agree with the channel
configuration, so I'm not too sure what the problem is. Have any other
UK DVB-T radio users observed similar behaviour? InteractiveTV is
enabled (this used to work and give the radio station information as
designed), and I can't see any obvious DVB tickets on SVN

Further testing tonight with xine (using a channels.conf generated by
scan) and Kaffeine (scanning for channel directly in the app) revealed
no problems at all listening to the radio through these applications.

Does anyone have any idea why MythTV would suddenly stop working with
DVB-T radio channels with

2006-08-25 20:29:21.276 DTVSM(0) Error: We want 0 audio and 1 video streams
                      But have 1 audio and 0 video streams

Many thanks,
Nick

--