[mythtv] CAM Issue?

Dave Oxley dave at daveoxley.co.uk
Fri Aug 25 06:38:01 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have a problem getting my DVB-S working with Austar here in Australia.
I can view an FTA channel, but cannot view non-FTA channels on the same
multiplex. I have attached a log with record,channel,siparser where I
initially recorded from TVSN (A FTA channel) and then recorded from CNBC
(A non-FTA channel). I get picture and sound from TVSN, but on CNBC I
just get a black screen with a blue square in the bottom right hand corner.

This may or may not be a bug?!?! I really don't know and can't find
information on configuring DVB-S and diseqc within MythTV, but I've
attached the necessary records from my db.

The Austar subscription card works in my STB, the CAM has been checked
and decrypts Austar fine and the card is working for FTA. I do get EIT
data which I think must be encrypted as I don't get EIT data when the
CAM isn't plugged in.

I'm running svn head 10905 on a Gentoo machine with kernel
2.6.17-gentoo-r5 and the specific card giving me grief is (lspci -v):
08:0d.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Technotrend Systemtechnik GmbH Technotrend-Budget /
Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-CI DVB card
        Memory at ddbffe00 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [sizeQ2]

Is there any further information I can provide? Any help is much
appreciated.
Cheers,
Dave.