[mythtv] UK Freeview "Playback"

Martin Long martin.long at rozel.net
Thu Aug 24 15:37:32 UTC 2006

Has anyone managed to get their hands on the technical change
specifications for Freeview "Playback"? I know that to support some of the
changes there are plans to introduce some new metadata into the EPG and
possibly some MHEG stuff too. This will include such features as:

 - 'Series link' linking episodes in the same series - like season pass on
TiVo or series link on Sky+
 - Trailer link - 'hyperlinks' during show trailers, allowing automatic
insertion of the show into the schedule.

I can see that some of these ideas would require enhancement of, at least:

EIT
Guide metadata tables
recording options
etc etc

If anyone has seen the details from Freeview/DTG, I would be interesting
in looking into this.

Rgds

Martin Long